Food Assistance Program
The Food Assistance Program is designed to raise nutritional levels, to expand buying power, and to safeguard the health and well-being of individuals in low income households in Ohio.
Eligibility (Click Here for Fact Sheet)
A household may consist of an individual or a group of individuals who live together and usually purchase, prepare and eat their food together.
A person may qualify for benefits if the household's gross monthly income (before taxes) is within 130% of the federal poverty guidelines. Food Assistance Program benefits can be used to buy most food or food products intended for human consumption.
You can file an application:
- in person at our agency during regular business hours
- by mailing in a completed application
- by faxing a completed application
What to bring to your appointment:
- Proof of the last 30 days of income for everyone in your home to include pay stubs, child support, SSI, Social Security, etc.
- Social Security Cards
- Verification of household costs such as rent, utilities, mortgage payments
We are required to determine eligibility within 30 days of your application.