- Provides one time help with heating costs in the amount of $300, payable by voucher to the heating provider.
- The program will be available from February 1, 2017 through the close of business on April 28, 2017.
- Assistance is provided for families with a minor child.
- A completed application, verification of entire household income for the last 30 days, and a heating bill is required. If all the information is not provided, your application will be denied.
- No face-to-face interview.
Project Comfort Financial Eligibility Guidelines
|Assistance Group Size||Assistance Group Income (past 30 days)|
Families must be responsible for heating costs in their own home or rental unit. Proof of responsibility is needed if bill is not in the applicant's name.
Qualifying heat sources are wood, heating oil, propane, coal, gas, electric, or fuel pellets.
Participation or eligibility in HEAP is not required.
Although the program is PRC funded, the payment from Project Comfort will not be counted against the $1,200 PRC limit.
If you are interested in applying for project comfort, you can submit an application by mail, fax, or at the agency.
Ashland County Job & Family Services
15 W. Fourth St.
Ashland, OH 44805
FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF THE APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN A DENIAL.
Please be advised payment to the account may take up to 60 days. To assist in processing paperwork, please do not call to check on the status until after the 60 days has lapsed.